KIRA Training Services provides technology support service on base operation support contracts. KIRA Training Services is recognized throughout the industry for our outstanding past performance record. KIRA Training Services delivers the people, technology, resources and knowledge required to be a best-in-class contractor.
KIRA Training Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled.
This position supports the US Army Corps of Engineers ACE-IT Program. Under general supervision, provides second-tier support to end-users for PC, server, mainframe applications and hardware. Handles problems that the first-tier of help desk support is unable to resolve. May interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems. Maintains currency and high level of technical skill in field of expertise. Escalates more complex problems to Senior Level.
Job duties require the technician to install and test personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating system, load shrink-wrap programs and other application software programs. In this position, the candidate troubleshoots printer, computer, and peripheral incidents, performs hardware and software diagnostics, coordinates needed repairs, resolves computer system problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network, and participates in the evaluation of system configuration and software. Support responsibilities include software installation, and configurations. The Helpdesk Specialist performs technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone, or on-site for PC desktop hardware and software packages.
* Current DoD 8570 IA Baseline Certification, IAT Level I (A+ CE, Network+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security)
* Must obtain appropriate DoD 8570 IA Computing Environment Certification within 6 months of employment
* Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start
* Experience supporting Windows 7, Windows 10, and MS Office 2013.
* Experience using Remedy or a similar ticketing system.
* Strong analytical and follow through skills.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills.
* Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
* Ability to work well independently on defined tasks.
* Ability to work well as part of a team.
* Valid driver’s license.
* Experience maintaining Lexmark, HP, or Ricoh printer devices (i.e. installing maintenance kits).
* Prior USACE/ACE-IT experience.
* Experience working in a DoD environment.
* Experience supporting Office 365
Positions available in Pittsburgh, PA, New Orleans, LA and Chicago, IL